Here's a quick look at the main steps of your treatment:
A brief consultation and find out if Invisalign Teen is right for you.
We will take photos, x-rays and impressions of your teeth.
Those pictures and impressions are digitized. Then, Dr. Wagner can use the 3D renderings to precisely plan your tooth movements from the beginning to the end of your treatment, in order to fix your orthodontic issue(s).
Based on the precise treatment plan, aligners will be made to custom-fit your teeth. The number of aligners changes for each person.
You'll wear your aligners about 20 to 22 hours everyday, except to eat, brush, and floss, or go to a special event.
Approximately every two weeks, you'll swap your old aligners for new ones. The aligners will gently and continuously move your teeth until they are in their final prescribed position, all without the usual hassle of metal braces.
The Low Down
You no longer have to straighten your teeth the old-fashioned way, with metal braces. The Invisalign Teen™ system lets you do it the modern, hygienic way. Your new smile is created with the most innovative technology – a series of clear aligners that are custom-fit to your teeth.
The first thing you should know is that an average treatment takes about a year. Your treatment can begin even if you don't have all of your permanent teeth. Invisalign Teen was designed to meet your needs.
- snap on your teeth easily.
- are comfortable and practically invisible.
- allow for your growing permanent teeth.
- gently and continuously move your teeth in small increments.
- are worn for about two weeks. Then you swap them for a new pair.
- have a Blue Dot Wear Indicator, designed to show an estimation of wear- time. The dot is designed to fade to clear over a two-week period if you wear (20 to 22 hours everyday) your aligners properly.
- can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing, or going to a special event.
- are replaceable if lost. That's right, you get up to six free individual aligners.